Thursday, January 24, 2013

Star Wars Children's Book and Record from 1977


Today I offer an item I loved as a child--a book and record of the first Star Wars film. The book contained the same text read by the narrator and actors on the record, along with photos from the movie. The actors on the record were clearly not those of the film. Although the record was 33 1/3 RPM, the record's size was that of a traditional 45.

This was made by Buena Vista Records, Disney's audio records division; even from the beginning, Disney and Star Wars had a relationship. Disney also made book and record combinations of Tron and Raiders of the Lost Ark that I enjoyed. The Star Wars book is long gone, but I believe the record still exists at my parent's house to this day, albeit with a large crack in it (the record that is, not the house).

Thanks!


No comments: