Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Tuesday's Forgotten Film: Animalympics



Hello everyone! Once again, I'm late with the week's Tuesday's Forgotten, but hey, it's Tuesday somewhere, right?

OK, maybe not.

This week, I present the 1980 animated movie Animalympics. I originally was going to hold onto this film until this year's Summer Olympics took place, but then thought, "what the hey, I'll post it now!" The film started out as two hour-long animated TV specials for NBC, but didn't see the light of day until it hit cable TV and home video years later. For more details on the story behind the movie, check out the article about it on Wikipedia; it's worth reading.

Voice actors include Billy Crystal, Gilda Radnor, and Happy Shearer. Enjoy!

P.S. I want to thank my Internet friend Chris Illuminati, editor of men's humor site Guyspeed.com for reminding me of this movie. Thanks Chris!

3 comments:

Todd Mason said...

I like the voice cast, and vaguely remember it being around...but don't think I've seen it...

Wings1295 said...

This aired over and over on HBO in the early 80s and my brother and I watched it over and over. Was a good, fun film for us, definitely more kiddie than other stuff we saw (Barbarella!).

Not forgotten here! :)

Unknown said...

nice