Thursday, December 3, 2009

Christmas in Sweden

Here is an old black and white film from the late 40s/early 50s showing how Christmas is celebrated in Sweden. This film was produced by the Swedish American Line, a shipping line that transported goods between Sweden and America. It's always interesting to see how other countries celebrate the holiday. I especially like the mention of Santa Lucia Day. My wife attended her grandparents' church as a child when they had its yearly celebration of the day. Enjoy!


   


 And in further celebration of Swedish Christmas--sort of--here is one of my favorite Christmas novelty songs, "I Yust Go Nuts at Christmas" by Yorgi Yorgesson, complete with fake Swedish accent. Thanks!


 

1 comment:

Prosfilaes said...

My copy of this on a $1 DVD was in color, so I uploaded it to Youtube here, Christmas in Sweden. I was curious about the date; given that it's in color, I'm not sure I see it being a film of the 1940s or even early 1950s.